Assistant Professor of Medicine,
Case-control studies, genetic epidemiology, statistical genetics, Bayesian statistics
• Li Zhang* , Bhramar Mukherjee*, Bo Hu, Kathy Cooney and Victor Moreno. Semiparametric Bayesian Modeling of Random Genetic Effects in Family-Based Association Studies. Statistics in Medicine , 2009, 28(1):113-39.
• Bong-Rae Kim*, Li Zhang*, Arthur Berg, Jianqing Fan and Rongling Wu. A Computational Approach to the Functional Clustering of Periodic Gene Expression Profiles. Genetics , 2008, 180: 1–14.
• Li Zhang , Bhramar Mukherjee, Malay Ghosh, Stephen Gruber and Victor Moreno. Accounting for Error due to Misclassification of Exposures in Case-Control Studies of Gene-Environment Interaction. Statistics in Medicine , 2008, 27(15): 2756–83.
• Robert Dorazio, Bhramar Mukherjee, Li Zhang , Malay Ghosh, Howard L. Jelks, and Frank Jordan. Modeling Unobserved Sources of Heterogeneity in Animal Abundance using a Dirichlet Process Prior. Biometrics , 2008, 64(2): 635–644.
• Bhramar Mukherjee*, Li Zhang *, Malay Ghosh and Samiran Sinha. Semiparametric Bayesian Analysis of Case-Control Data under Conditional Gene-Environment Independence , Biometrics, 2007, Volume 63, Issue 3, 834-844.
• Li Zhang , Bhramar Mukherjee, Malay Ghosh and Rongling Wu. A Bayesian Framework for Genetic Association in Case-Control Studies: Accounting for Unknown Population Substructure, Statistical Modeling , 2006, 6: 352-372.
• Malay Ghosh, Li Zhang and Bhramar Mukherjee. Equivalence of Posteriors in the Bayesian Analysis of The Multinomial-Poisson Transformation, Metron -International Journal of Statistics , 2006, vol. LXIV, n.1: 19–28.
• Li Zhang , Mark C. K. Yang, Xuelu Wang, Brian A. Larkins, Maria Gallo-Meagher, and Rongling Wu. A Model For Estimating Joint Maternal-Offspring Effects On Seed Development In Autogamous Plants, Physiological Genomics , Nov. 2004; 19: 262 -269.
Health Sciences Applications
• Arunima Ghosh, Li Zhang , Kan Chen, Gurunathan Murugesan, Ying Hu, Qing Wang, Maria Febbraio, John Barnard and Roy L. Silverstein. CD36 surface expression level on platelets affects functional responses to oxidized LDL and is associated with inheritance of specific genetic polymorphisms. ( Submitted )
• Attila Patocs, Li Zhang , Yaomin Xu, Frank Weber, Trinidad Caldes, George L. Mutter, Petra Platzer, and Charis Eng. Breast-Cancer Stromal Cells with TP53 Mutations and Nodal Metas-tases. New England Journal of Medicine , 2007, 357: 2543–2551.
• Frank Weber, Yaomin Xu, Li Zhang , Atilla Patocs, Lei Shen, Petra Platzer, and Charis Eng. Microenvironmental genomic alterations correlate with clinico-pathologic behavior in head and neck squamous cell carcinomas. Journal of the American Medical Association , 2007, 297: 187-195.
Invited Article/Book Chapters
• Li Zhang . Basic common statistical tests: chi-square, t-test, nonparametric test. In Encyclopedia of Medical Decision Making (M. Kattan, Editor). In press .
Conference and Proceedings
• M. Orloff, L. Zhang , Y. Xu, C. Eng. Common and cancer type-specific loss-of-heterozygosity (LOH) in the tumor stroma and epithelium of 3 carcinoma types associated with clinical outcome. November 2008. The Annual Meeting of The American Society of Human Genetics .
• A. Ghosh, L. Zhang , K. Chen, Q. Wang, M. Febbraio, J. Barnard and R. L. Silverstein. Variability of CD36 expression on platelets is determined in part by genetic polymorphisms and can influence platelet function. December 2007. The Annual Meeting of the American Society of Hematology .
• P. Platzer, A. Patocs, L. Zhang , Y. Xu, F. Weber, T. Caldes, G. Mutter, C. Eng. Somatic TP53 Mutations associated with microenvironmental genomic alternations and clinicopathological features in sporadic but not BRCA1/2-related breast carcinomas. October 2007. The Annual Meeting of The American Society of Human Genetics .
• G. Murugesan, L. Zhang , S. Jang, T. Kaldus, J. Barnard, Q. Wang, P. Gaussem, E. J. Topol, K. Kottke-Marchant. P2RY12 Receptor Polymorphisms (SNPs) in patients with a history of myocardial infraction. February 2007. International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis 2007 Congress .